When design meets UX, you get smooth experiences, delighted users, and function at the marriage of form—And you’re going to be the designer bringing it all together. If you think design comes with the (obligatory) tough questions to ensure we arrive at the best solutions possible and making things “look pretty” is not the only solution to a user challenge, we’re with you.
You’ll join the Brand Design team on a mission to share the Seismic story and educate customers with the resources they need to transform how they do Sales and Marketing. As the team’s latest visual designer, you’re charged with designing an addictive experience within our community that keeps customers and users coming back. Partnering with our community team, you’ll look at our online community platform as a digital product and an important extension of our brand. This role is essential to our customer adoption practice so that customers are able to deliver the best value of Seismic, through the community platform.
As the latest visual designer, you’ll leverage design thinking to frame challenges and opportunities that then empower your design and community strategy. You’ll collaborate with community stakeholders and the design manager to create a community brand that will percolate to everything else you create; from a design system, all the way to banners and go-to-market communication designs. We want to change how people learn SaaS tools like Seismic and how they think about community experiences—lets do it together.
- Deliver outstanding UX and draw dropping visuals for the Seismic Community
- Build and maintain a design system for our Community platform to drive consistency and develop an established Seismic Community brand look
- Create the visual layout of net new pages or sections within Community — all prototypes should be development-ready from Sketch, figma, framer, or marvel
- Develop web-ready graphics, diagrams, product illustrations, and digital collateral materials with a focus on using design as a way to assist in the user education process
- Make changes to existing layouts in the Community platform as necessary
- Proactively connect with users to understand challenges and opportunities
- Be a user champion ensuring the user is at the center of everything you do
- Perform user testing and iterate on the component designs based on user feedback
- 3+ years of web, UI, UX or product design experience
- Advanced Illustrator & Sketch skills (or figma, framer)
- Passion for crafting powerful UIs
- Experience building working prototypes
- Previous experience creating wireframes and high-fidelity mockups for web
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge and some XML knowledge
- Knowledge of Web CMS functionality and best practices, bonus point if you’ve used a Community or LMS platform previously
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of departments such as Marketing, Developers, Product Managers, and Customer Success
- Experience with SASS, SCSS, JS and Freemarker is a bonus
- Design portfolio required
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or a related field