VP, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Aligned with Seismic’s goals to recruit, retain and develop our inclusive workforce, this is a critical strategic leadership role accountable for driving measurable, systemic and sustainable change across the business. Areas of focus include identifying needs and analyzing data related to DEI and partnering with the business to foster a great place where everyone can do their best work. This position will report to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team, providing guidance and advice to the CEO, and executive team.
- Partner across the organization to develop and implement integrated workforce solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and business practices at all levels.
- Work with HR Business Partners and other leaders on identifying and actioning on day-to-day DEI needs within their teams and increasing cross-cultural competence.
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert to Seismic’s DEI Council and partner with the Council and People Operations to develop a comprehensive strategy for the organization to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Design, develop, and facilitate DEI education, workshops, and training for executives and employees on content including bias, inclusive leadership, micro and macro behaviors, etc. and act as a resource to employees ensuring their voices and needs are being heard.
- Promote leadership engagement by educating, coaching and providing feedback to senior leaders to optimize people practices in a way that strengthens inclusion, equity and a sense of belonging.
- Use data to create succinct narratives and deliver bespoke information for stakeholders assessing effectiveness of programs and initiatives and partner with communications lead on messaging, packaging and delivery of DEI information.
- Continuously enhance DEI practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years’ experience in HR/OD/DEI and/or consulting at a global organization delivering inclusion, diversity or HR projects.
- A track record of partnering & influencing with, and serving as a strategic partner to, all levels and functions of a global company, including the CEO and executive team.
- Superior change management capabilities with effective relationship building skills across the organization.
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a customer-focused mindset are essential.
- Ability to articulate vision and direction, communicate effectively and manage and measure performance and accountability.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.