Senior Technical Writer
The Product team at Seismic drives product vision and are responsible for the success of the product through all phases of the development process. Starting with the initial concept through production, deployment, and maintenance; the Product Manager ensures new features and capabilities are easy to use and solve the business problem in the right way.
As an early member of our documentation team, you can influence our style and standards and help us plan how best to present our content to users. Do you enjoy a challenge and a constant stream of new things to learn? Are you interested in helping to identify opportunities and drive changes to content strategy, curation, tooling, UX design, data analysis, and more?
What you will be doing:
- Research and build holistic knowledge about our products, services, and technology
- Empathize with our users and build relationships with experts across our business to understand our customers, their problems, and how our technology helps solve them
- Produce new documentation for Seismic end users and admin users, and for developers who are integrating and building with Seismic
- Implement new embedded help delivery mechanisms that improve how technical information is delivered to our customers
- Analyze existing product documentation, determine usability, and update, revise, or replace as needed
- Track all project developments for assigned product teams and ensure that all documentation requirements are clearly defined, scheduled, and delivered on time
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers, and key stakeholders to oversee the user experience from feature conception until launch
- Validate documentation with diligent testing
- Contribute feedback to the team through peer review and strategy/style discussions
- Continuously improve documentation by responding to and incorporating feedback from customers and internal users
- 5+ years experience in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Experience in authoring topic-based help and single-sourcing
- Experience with UX design, HTML, CSS, and other Web technologies a plus
- Experience building foundational content strategy, infrastructure, and processes a plus
- Experience documenting APIs a plus
- Experience creating online tutorials using Gainsight, WalkMe or similar tools a plus
- Experience in instructional video creation using tools such as Camtasia and Captivate a plus
- BA/BS degree in English, Technical Communication/Writing, Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience
- Eagerness to understand challenging technical concepts and learn new things every day
- Aptitude for quickly grasping complex ideas and translating them into technical content that’s accessible to audiences with mixed levels of experience
- Enthusiasm for working hands-on with the software as it is being developed
- Appreciation of the challenges and ambiguity involved in documenting fast-evolving products
- Flexibility to juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Independent motivation and self-direction to be highly productive and meet deadlines without fail
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating and collaborating with people across different teams, ranks, and disciplines
- Painstaking attention to detail and obsession with accuracy
- Impeccable oral and written English skills
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyer’s journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world’s most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 900 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.