Principal Software Engineer
Seismic is a rapidly growing Enterprise software company with offices in the US, Europe, and China employ 800 across the globe. Here at Seismic we are transforming the way sales and marketing teams work together by building sales enablement solutions used by some of the largest financial and tech companies in the world.
We’re looking for a talented technology leader to join our passionate engineering team as a Principal Software Engineer and help us scale and grow our cloud-based systems and technologies with a keen eye towards software quality and operational excellence. As a tech “unicorn” with the headquarters in San Diego, this is a amazing opportunity for the right person to join and guide the technical vision of this pre-IPO software company as we make history in the sales enablement space!
About the Job:
As the Principal Software Engineer on our Sales Engagement group, you will play a vital part in driving solid cloud architecture and ensure best engineering practices across multiple engineering teams. You, along with your globally dispersed teammates, will collaborate to build micro-service based systems responsible for helping our customers share content and information.
You will work closely with our product leads, engineering leads, team to extract business-critical components/logic out of a monolith and create a build a microservice with a design and data model that sets Seismic up for the next ten years. This is an opportunity to work as a technical thought-leader and make a difference at a growing company.
Who You Are:
- An experienced software engineer with a passion for building and innovating.
- Seen as an active contributor in the team problem-solving-process – you aren't afraid to share your opinions in a low-ego manner or roll up your sleeves and write critical path code or refactor a significant piece of code.
- Deep experience across multiple software projects, driving end-to-end software development lifecycle of an architecturally complex system or product.
- Ability to think tactically as well as strategically, respecting what came before you and always thinking longer-term.
- Highly focused on operational excellence and software quality, with experience in CI/CD and best operational practices.
- Your technical skills are sought after as you develop in a pragmatic and efficient manner.
- You enjoy solving challenging problems, all while having a blast with equally passionate and talented team members.
What you will be doing:
- Migrate important business functionality to newly designed (by you) microservice and ensure seamless integration to the rest of the Seismic platform.
- Help grow a new local engineering team while collaborating and driving technical and architectural decisions across multiple remote teams.
- Collaborate with globally-dispersed product managers, designers, and software engineers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code to create innovative solutions and add values to our customers' experience with Seismic.
- Explore new technologies and industry trends and bring your findings to life in our products.
- Participate in and contribute towards code reviews, bug/issue triage, and documentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and continuous quality improvements.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of Software Development experience within a SaaS business.
- Must have a familiarity with .NET Core, and C# or similar object-oriented languages and frameworks.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and modern SPA frameworks (React Vue.js, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with the SCRUM and the AGILE development process.
- Familiarity and comfortability developing in cloud-based environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Seismic, ranked as one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company and is emerging as the recognized category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers' journey. More than 600 customers rely on the world's most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time. Seismic customers such as T. Rowe Price, IBM, American Express, PayPal, Rockwell Automation, and Quest Diagnostics are achieving higher win rates, larger deal sizes, and improved customer retention rates with our solution. Seismic recently achieved a billion-dollar valuation and was named to the 2019 Forbes Cloud 100.
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 800 employees across the globe, Seismic is privately held and backed by investment firms General Atlantic, JMI Equity, Jackson Square Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries, including John Thompson, chairman of the board of directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.