Performs venipunctures and capillary sticks following universal precaution protocol; performs computer and clerical functions to order and receive laboratory data. Duties require interaction with different patient age groups
- Provides excellence in hospitality, courtesy and compassion
- Performs venipunctures and capillary sticks following Universal Precaution protocols; collects blood samples efficiently and with respect for the patient.
- Performs computer and clerical functions to accurately collect laboratory information; utilizes positive patient identification system and labeling protocols as indicated.
- Receives and processes samples in the LIS with accuracy.
- Distributes samples to lab departments for testing.
- Completes outpatient lab order entry.
- Stocks adequate supplies.
- Answers telephones and distributes/faxes reports.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Duties require interaction with patients of various age groups, social and economic backgrounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Lab Courier additional duties:
- Service Outreach Laboratory accounts; pick-up and delivery of requisitions, supplies, lab specimens, and reports.
- Client registration and billing as indicated.
- Accurately and efficiently process lab specimens to prepare and package send out specimens
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English