About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we at Two Point Studios are working remotely from home to help everyone stay safe in this difficult time, and any new starters will be joining us in this. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of opportunity to meet the team, with weekly video meetings for the whole studio, as well as daily kick off meetings and Coffee Break social video chats in the afternoons.
About the job
Your main responsibility as Animator will be to ensure the high quality of Animation in our games. Our simulated worlds have depth to them, in both content and mechanics, and you’ll need to be familiar with both elements to create detailed Animation for the characters and props within this world. Ideal candidates will have good communication skills, solid work ethic and a positive, friendly attitude.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating fun and engaging character animations that are exciting, emotional, and compelling
- Animating little people, props and vehicles
- Work closely with Artists, Programmers, Designers to deliver animations
- Work with the Lead Animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar
- Serving as an active participant in team discussions, critiques, and reviews when required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong Keyframe Animation Skills.
- Ability to Adapt to Animation style of Two Point Studios.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient time management and able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to follow set processes and implement them.
- Ability to self-manage.
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Previous experience working in Games.
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- 5 years Animation experience in the Games industry
- Maya Experience
- Unity Experience