UI/UX Designer (x2)
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
Sports Interactive are looking to expand our in-house UI/UX design team, with two opportunities currently available. One will be primarily focussed on our flagship Football Manager title across PC/Mac; the other will be mobile focussed.
You will be involved in the design process from start to finish – from ideation and UX research through to producing hi-fidelity mock-ups and handing off to the development team. Knowing our games isn’t essential but understanding how to present data in a fun, engaging and immersive way is.
Whether you are a junior with amazing potential, or an established mid-level designer, if this sounds like the right role for you then share your portfolio with us and apply below.
- Produce UI designs of a consistently high quality; always putting the user and usability first
- Collaborate with developers, QA, production and other designers to understand the requirements and iterate through early research and wireframing to hi-fidelity mock-ups
- Work with senior designers and production to develop and grow your skill set
- Adobe Suite
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A portfolio showcasing your best work
- Ability to produce high quality, visually appealing UI mock-ups
- Experience creating prototypes and wireframes
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a close-knit team
- A passion for UIUX design
- A yearning to understand and meet the needs of the user
- Experience with Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Animation or motion design skills (e.g. After Effects, Principle etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML or similar
- Interest in football or Football Manager
- Interest in mobile games