Internal Communications & Engagement Manager (12 month maternity cover)
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
MATERNITY COVER – 12 MONTH FTC
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE VP, HR
SEGA is looking for an experienced professional to lead our internal communications efforts, playing a key role in informing, motivating & inspiring employees through compelling, clear, and transparent communications. A large part of this role is collaborating with the rest of the HR team to communicate and promote key messages on the HR roadmap, including the performance management cycle, L&D initiatives, staff benefits offering and often complex new HR tech roll-outs.
In this standalone role you’ll also be the driving force behind our staff engagement initiatives, including overseeing our D&I employee resource groups, playing an active part in our listening strategy via managing our staff surveys and working with our Talent Executive to bring SEGA’s unique culture to life through social media and other external mediums. Your ability to understand the business context and how all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together will play an essential part in your success, as you’re essentially the central cog in our coms & engagement machine.
- Creating our internal communications plans and scheduling content across our key internal channels, including our digital newsletter (SEGA Digest), our monthly company all-hands meeting (SEGA Shout Out) delivered via Teams Live Event, Teams Channels and our #SEGAlife intranet (SharePoint based)
- Collaborating with the rest of the HR team to communicate & promote key messages on the HR roadmap, including the performance management cycle, L&D initiatives, staff benefits offering and often complex new HR tech roll-outs
- Working with leadership to craft messaging and narratives that contextualise day-to-day operations and goals with our broader corporate strategy
- Overseeing our D&I employee resource groups (BAME Network, LGBTQ+ Network, Disability Employee Network, Mental Health Advocates) – you’ll help them organise and promote staff activity to support their cause, approve their educational efforts/intranet content and be the liaison between them and our HR team on policy matters.
- Working with our Talent Executive to create content for our SEGA Careers channels on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram. This includes day-in-the-life-ofs, hot jobs banners, capturing staff events and bringing to life our culture for potential candidates to see.
- Rolling out various staff engagement surveys through our surveying tool Culture Amp and communicating those results back to the business. Along with the rest of the HR team, you’ll also play a key role in driving action off the back off that feedback.
- Closely managing budget for our employee engagement activities, events and communications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A wealth of experience working in a similar internal communications role where you’re prepared to roll your sleeves up to get things done
- Excellent copywriting and proof-reading skills with the ability to turn complex messages into clear, consistent communications, tailored to different audiences using the most effective channels
- Passionate about diversity & inclusion – we’re currently working on a number of DEI initiatives
- Ideally you’ll have experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Office 365 products, Canva