Director of QA - SEGA Sofia
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Two Point Studios, Hardlight, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, and Relic Entertainment.
A fantastic and rare opening to grow and continuously evolve the QA Centre of Excellence in Sofia. The focus of this role is to provide operational management and ongoing procedural improvement for the main Quality Assurance function for SEGA Europe. You will have the opportunity to embed ‘best in class’ mentality from the outset, crafting a QA Centre of Excellence as you grow the organisation to fulfill SEGA’s business needs.
Under the guidance and support of the Director of Studio Operations, and working with other SEGA HQ key stakeholders, you will ensure that all assigned testing activities are carried out to the highest possible standard in the most efficient and effective manner. You’ll be a key driver in building trust and respect with our development studios, creating a challenging environment to continually push forward the quality of our games. Cost-conscious, you will look to give the best testing ROI for the budget. A proven Leader and Manager, you will be clear on your leadership style and how to get the best from others, including coaching and mentoring, training, and upskilling. You will be ambitious and intellectually curious, constantly challenging for the highest standard in everything, and continuously seeking to improve quality tools and processes, planning, and reporting. Highly motivated and driven, you will be results focussed, looking to create and constantly improve the best QA Group.
- Grow, manage and evolve a QA Centre of Excellence
- Ensure that highly effective QA is delivered through the continuous improvement of staff, processes, and efficiency initiatives
- Inspire and instill best in class approach to all things QA across all disciplines at all levels
- Create a can-do culture that is constantly seeking to build upon and improve results and ROI
- Build and establish strong relationships with Studio Pillars, trust and respect being key
- Work with key stakeholders whilst maintaining independence, and be able to challenge the status quo to continually push forwards the quality of our games
- Quality control for all assigned SEGA Europe titles to test, ensuring adherence to schedule requirements and milestones
- Continually plan, propose and implement the QA process, aligning organisational structure with business needs
- Knowledge expert for technology and standards for QA, promoting best practices across the team
- Responsible for all SEGA Sofia QA staff – Functional, Compliance, and Mastering
- Clear vision on training needs, career progression requirements, and growth for all staff
- Maximise productivity, skillset and retention
- Embrace automated testing opportunities and methodologies to maximise QA output and results
- Accurate and concise reporting on status, data/ statistics, and analysis
- Identify and assess QA risks, impact, and mitigation
- Identify further openings for potential expansion of QA into lateral areas of growth/ opportunities
- Push PC, Mobile, and Console best testing practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Degree minimum or equivalent/ closely related education
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role
- Significant experience in games software testing and/or development
- Strong financial acumen relating to game development costs, service delivery, P&L’s and annual business planning
- Expert in QA and testing processes and procedures
- Have a service mind-set, attuned with the varying needs of development studios
- Analytical and inquisitive mind
- Excellent English – written and spoken - clear, concise, and professional communicator both written and verbally
- Skilled in leadership, negotiating contracts, statistical analysis, and capable of developing solutions to complex, integrated business problems
- Experience leading teams of varying sizes
- Project lifecycle stages including strategy, planning, execution, and termination
- Methods and techniques of tracking, recording, and presenting information; research techniques
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with stakeholders and staff
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships in bringing people together to solve problems
- Technical proficiency and an understanding of different platforms, hardware and peripherals
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft applications and Database Management software
- Please note that although this is a permanent onsite role, currently SEGA Sofia is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week.
- If required, you will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays, when necessary. You may also be required to work offsite if necessary.
- In the future, you may be required to travel on occasion eg. to SEGA HQ, Studios, etc.
- You will be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to the job remit.
- Flexible working time
- Additional health insurance for you, your partner and kids
- Life insurance
- Food vouchers
- Free soft drinks, coffee, tea, snacks, etc.*
- Office massages*
- Friendly and creative atmosphere in a cozy and modern office*
- Team building activities*