Senior QA Functionality Tester
SEGA Studio Operations Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality.
SEGA Sofia’s Development Services team is looking for bright and motivated people to join us as Senior Functionality Testers (or Games Testers as they’re more commonly known). This position is an excellent opportunity for people wanting to continue their career as a part of Game Development, an industry that is fast-paced, dynamic and above all fun!
Getting the chance to work on different titles before launch, you’ll be responsible for testing the game to ensure it plays as the developers intended it to and that it is free from any bugs and well balanced. As a senior in the team you will also participate in the mentoring and nurturing of junior talent.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in Bulgaria to be considered for this opportunity.
- Acts as a mentor and role model for the team members
- Responsible for creating test cases, test plans and reporting results
- Coordinates Test Plans in the team and assures their coverage
- Assures project breakdown per features according to the documentation and the game content
- Conducts trainings related to JIRA and other QA tools
- Train new hires
- Supports the team in terms of hardware and software setups
- Shares best practices with the team related to testing methodologies for different areas of the game
- Actively involved in bugs reporting processes and other JIRA workflows
- Alongside the Lead provides Daily/weekly reports of data towards Production teams
- Assures a productive communication and collaboration with the Production partners from the project
- Offers constant support to the QA Team lead for any QA related task
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of related experience in software quality assurance
- Great understanding of exploratory and scripted testing, functional and non-functional testing
- Extensive QA experience in game development
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Good understanding of different test methodologies and approaches
- Experience with JIRA or other similar bug and project management tools and creating test documentation
- Experience with the test cycle of a commercial game project, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Experience with TestRail or other similar test management tools
- Ability to create strong working relationships with team members