BUSINESS MANAGER DIGITAL
SEGA AMERICA DIGITAL SALES TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE COMMERICAL DIRECTOR
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA America (SOA) is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with its HQ based in Irvine, California, and a dedicated EMEA publishing team in London. Known for quality and creativity above all else the SEGA of America EMEA Team look after RGG, ATLUS, and Sonic studios.
This role is based at SEGA’s European Head Quarters, based in West London where you will find a diverse range of highly talented individuals covering all aspects of publishing.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
Reporting into the Commercial Director, the Commercial Manager will be tasked with driving growth and development of SEGA America’s digital release across EMEA so that a full coverage of sales, marketing and commercial strategies are created and structured in response to the ever-changing demands of the Video Games market and consumer trends.
The role will work closely with SEGA of Europe digital team to maximise opportunity and efficiencies. Financial goals and targets will be set by American Business team which will be integrated into SEGA West’s wider objectives and planning.
Responsibility will be for PC and console formats.
- Deliver SEGA’s Financial Year Business Plan through driving new release and catalogue promotions.
- Align with wider SEGA’s Global plans across each format and title, while looking for additional local opportunities. Ensure there are no clashes or cannibalisation.
- Work collaboratively with SEGA PD and Brand teams to ensure full understanding of needs and requirements (SEGA and consumer) and ensure suitability of product plans.
- Maintain and build relationships with 1st party and key 3rd party digital retail to ensure focus on SEGA titles.
- Involvement in SOA planning process to ensure suitability of commercial offer and pricing. In parallel work with Business Intelligence team to build supporting data for internal justification.
- Ensure EMEA activity planning is integrated into wider full digital plan.
- Ensure alignment of PC and console planning and product offer (where suitable).
- Deliver additional visibility to SEGA of PC business including market updates and emerging opportunities.
- Ensure information on SEGA titles and plans is accurate, up to date, and circulated to stakeholders.
- Drive uptake of PC in-game best practice based on the Digital Operations best practice guidelines.
- Work with 3rd parties to deliver incremental value (i.e. Humble Bundles, C2C opportunities, new routes to market, etc) as well as working with Business Development team in SEGA on their emerging opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable track record of launching digital games on PC and Console internationally.
- A strong sales or business development background within the games industry.
- Ability to analyse data with BI teams and draw conclusions to drive commercial decision making.
- Experience working with internal and external partners.
- Proven track record of successful product planning for launches and ongoing product lifecycles.
- Experienced in forecasting and discussing number with Sr stakeholders.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.