Associate Cloud Engineer
Our excellent in-house IT team is looking for an Associate Cloud Engineer to join the team at Creative Assembly, at our game development studios based in Horsham, West Sussex.
This fantastic role will be imbedded within our IT department where you will be able to learn and develop alongside experts and take your career to the next level. As an Associate Cloud Engineer on the team, you will develop frameworks and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of deployment, monitoring, and security.
As an Associate Cloud Engineer, you will be part of a team that manages our AWS cloud infrastructure. This will be working primarily with the IT team as well as Live Services to cover deployment, monitoring, and security of all critical AWS services, ensuring best practice is adhered to.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Liaise and communicate with product owners, technical leads, developers and design teams
- Share your experience of working with reliable, secure, highly scalable AWS infrastructure, to provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Hands-on technical experience working with AWS cloud services
- Linux expertise (Amazon Linux running in AWS)
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code and Automation technologies
- Adept at using and configuring monitoring tools (CloudWatch, Grafana, Datadog)
- Good understanding of web technologies and tools
- Excellent communication skills and excellent written and spoken English
- A completer, finisher mindset
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices and Serverless
- Single sign-on (SSO) and federated access
- Experience in network security; including patching and vulnerability management of AWS services and WAFs
- Experience with distributed source control (GitLab)
- Experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Ansible).
- Awareness of CA games
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.