Back End Software Development Engineer in Test
This is an excellent opportunity for a Back End Software Development Engineer in Test to join the CA team. In this role you will be a part of our Live Services team, responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services. You will be learning from our senior SDETs to help to ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test automation activities across our online services. You will be key in developing frameworks, tests and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling.
You will be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
Additionally, you will be expected to have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a Service-Oriented Architecture environment. You will be key in testing feature implementations and integration to help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base on multiple live titles.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Passionate about quality of the product
- Hands-on experience with test frameworks such as Pytest, Behave, Robot, Protractor, Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, JUnit, TestNG, RSpec, etc.
- Exposure to tools like Postman, Fiddler, etc.
- Strong in writing test cases and end-to-end test scenarios against product requirements
- Strong in analysing the root cause of bugs
- Experience with test management tools e.g. TestRail, Zephyr
- Experience with project management tools e.g. Jira
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
- Experience with Git
- Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes
- Awareness of software engineering best practices
- Logical thinker with forward-thinking ability
- Experience of Agile practices
- Experience of building CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience working with high-volume systems
- Experience of gaming industry
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.