VFX Artist - 6/9 month contract
VFX Artist – (6-9 month on-site/remote contract)
SEGA HARDlight is looking for an experienced/senior VFX artist to work on a new, exciting, and ambitious platform title in development. This is a contract position for up to 9 months to start later in the year that can be performed remotely or in our UK studio.
The project uses Unity so ideally someone who has previous experience of Unity VFX development
The game will be a fun and stylised mobile game - having a genuine interest and experience of working on similar titles and art is important to us.
We are big on collaboration, so we would like the VFX artist to take part in team meetings to share ideas, get feedback and see how the game is evolving. This would potentially suit someone based close to our UK time zone.
A portfolio of work is essential
- Create and implement stylised / fantasy particle effects in Unity
- Ensure VFX and particles are efficient
- Work with the development team to ensure the VFX supports the gameplay and character animations
- Help develop and push the quality of the visual effects, through prototypes, mock-ups, and iteration
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Unity (prefabs, particle system, URP, atlasing etc...)
- An understanding of how to optimize VFX for memory and performance while maintaining visual quality
- 3D modelling skills to create meshes required for VFX
- Effective communication and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind decisions.
- A good eye for creating Stylised or Fantasy particle effects
- A team player with ability to take and give constructive feedback.
- A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required
- Experience of creating VFX for games on mobile devices
- Animation skills in Unity or Maya/3DS Max/Blender
- Able to concept or mock-up VFX before creating in engine
- Shader graph or shader code experience
- Experience of lighting scenes in game engines
- Able to give feedback to help improve the VFX pipeline
- Knowledge of technical constraints and performance optimisation.
- A passion and genuine interest in stylised game art and VFX
Please submit your day rate and availability with your application.