Senior Software Engineer (Animation)
Sports Interactive are looking for talented and passionate software engineers with an animation background to help us take our animation systems to the next level. You will be working on our animation engine, which is used across multiple projects and products for visualising matches in 3D. Your focus will be on improving the visuals of our match engine by improving motion and animation and you will be a key member involved with researching and implementing the required technologies to achieve this goal.
- Develop, extend, improve and maintain our animation engine, pipeline and tools.
- Work closely and iterate with our match engine, animation, graphics and tools teams across the studio to continuously improve the look and feel of our match engine.
- Help to research and implement new animation and simulation technologies as needed both independently and as part of multiple teams.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience designing and developing animation systems in the games industry.
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field, such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Excellent C++ programming skillset.
- Very strong mathematical and analytical ability.
- Good communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, artists, animators and production staff.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that makes the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are six staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of being parent-friendly and having high staff tenure (40% have worked here for over 10 years). Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.