(Senior) Level Designer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a (Senior) Level Designer to assist with the conception of maps and content for a strategy game. Under the supervision of the Lead Game Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work with the rest of the design team to develop the game level generation algorithm
- Create level templates to generate interesting game situations
- Participate in the creation and implementation of game content
- Collaborate with artists and programmers in the design of this content
- Test and balance the game by modifying variables and level templates
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in Level Design or Game Design
Required skills and profile
- Fully fluent in English
- Strong interest in Level Design
- Passionate about strategy games / video games
- Strong autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Curious, willing to learn and appetence for numbers
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, players’ community, artists…)
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Experience as Game Designer or Level Designer on a procedurally generated game
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.