Head of Localisation
DEVELOPMENT SERVICES TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO DIRECTOR OF STUDIO OPERATIONS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are seeking an experienced Head of Localisation to lead and manage Localisation Services at SEGA Europe. These responsibilities will include the provision of Localisation Engineering, Translation, Audio Localisation and LQA. It will also involve strong liaison with all SEGA departments requiring language services as well as Production teams and external providers. This role will include significant elements of strategic planning, resource management and budgetary responsibilities.
- Oversee Localisation Operations for SEGA Europe Studios: Internationalisation, Engineering, Translation, Audio and Linguistic Quality Assurance.
- Evolve SEGA Localisation Services to become a Centre of Excellence for Localisation. Future planning, development and implementation of the localisation strategy for SEGA Europe.
- Ensure that high quality and effective Localisation is delivered through the continuous improvement of staff, processes and efficiency initiatives
- Provide a benchmark of best practice for localisation quality control. Propose, implement and continually plan the localisation processes and workflows for all SEGA titles, including those developed outside the European region.
- Ensure successful release of SEGA titles across the globe.
- Provide leadership to the Localisation staff.
- Build strong relationships with development studios, marketing teams, LiveOps, and other business divisions to understand key schedule requirements and contingencies.
- Negotiation with internal/external localisation providers. Strive towards gaining a ‘best deal’, building and maintaining productive relationships with localisation vendors.
- Resource Planning and budget control: Plan and implement the resource requirements for headcount and localisation provision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience managing the complexities of game localisation production, including engineering, audio, translation, and LQA.
- Managed large teams. You are a natural leader.
- Strong financial acumen relating to game localisation costs, service delivery and resource planning.
- Analytical and inquisitive mind: you question everything and strive for continuous improvement. You develop strategies to drive growth on a global scale.
- Good knowledge of localisation tools and technology: CAT tools, MT, CMS, Jira, etc.
- Have a service mind-set and are attuned with the various varying needs of Development Studios.
- Willingness to meet and exceed the demands of stakeholders around the world.
- Great attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills.