UI Artists – Associate to Senior Levels – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting Sci-Fi First-Person Shooter IP.
We are looking for talented UI artists, of all levels, to join the team at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.
As a UI Artist on this project, you will demonstrate excellent creative and technical ability, a passion for creating intuitive, user-experience led UI, and possess the ability to produce visually stunning, high-quality motion graphics.
Reporting to the Lead UI Artist, you will work with the team to implement intuitive, performant UI which looks and feels great. Being proactive and having clear communication, in all directions, is essential in the role.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with other departments on the development team, designing and prototyping new UI components to specification
- Perform the UI throughout production, from wireframing through to release content
- Engage with the game outside of core UI, supporting other departments when necessary
- Provide additional 2D graphic design work on demand
- Work within the technical budget and restrictions
- Seek solutions and do not be afraid to ask questions
- Strong graphic design background and understanding of design principles
- Good motion graphics skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator
- Good UX knowledge for console/PC games
- Excellent communication: both written and verbal
- Good team player and keen listener with a proactive approach to workload
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong passion for games and interactive media
- Familiarity with the latest UI/UX development and trends in the video game and interactive media industries
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of Adobe AfterEffects
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages
- Traditional illustration skills
- Familiarity with 3D software packages
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.