Total War QA Associate Functionality Tester
SEGA Centre of Excellence Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality.
How would you like to work on the world’s bestselling strategy franchise - Total War?
We’re looking for bright and motivated game enthusiasts to join us on a temporary basis as Functionality Games Testers.
This position is an excellent opportunity for Total War fans and people wanting to make a start in an industry which is fast-paced, dynamic, and above all – a lot of fun!
Getting the chance to work on Total War before launch, you’ll be responsible for testing the game to ensure it plays as the developers intended it to and that it is free from any bugs.
Joining our SEGA Associate QA program, you’ll have the opportunity to shape your schedule based on your current availability. This is also an excellent opportunity if you’re looking for a seasonal or a part-time job that will give you the qualification and means to start a career in QA.
Please note that this is a project-based position, set to start in June and continuing until approximately the end of the current year. The position is suitable for part-time work, with a minimum expected engagement of 20 hours per working week.
We are unable to offer visa assistance and all applicants must have full eligibility to work in Bulgaria to be considered for this opportunity. The role is based in our Sofia office, but in the light of the current situation, you may be required to work from home, with a very limited office access during your initial ramp-up.
- Follow a test script in a thorough and consistent manner
- Use test scripts and testing skills to finds bugs and identify the severity and risk to the business
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions (e.g. using the correct naming conventions, what the bug is, steps to reproduce etc), in English language
- Follow instructions accurately and in a timely manner
- Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with colleagues when needed
- Assist with coordination of group-based testing
- Execute any additional requests or instructions issued by senior staff or other members of the management team that are suitable to your job remit
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Passionate Total War player
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the latest TW titles, such as Three Kingdoms, Warhammer 1 and 2 is a plus
- Experienced player with existing knowledge of the game-play elements, strategy, and goals
- Work proficiency of English language, both spoken and written. You’ll be required to communicate in English with your peers across the world
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
- High standards of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations
- Proactively help and assist colleagues and maintain a ‘can do’ attitude when under pressure
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work unsupervised and maintain focus and commitment
- Maintain an adaptable approach to testing