Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for experienced and passionate DevOps engineers whose passion lies with improving systems for daily operations for build delivery and continuous integration to provide a platform for improving stability for our products. Your interests lie in automation and improving workflow, providing tools and systems for ensuring builds and build stability. You will be the interface between various teams within the studio and you will be responsible for designing and supervising the implementation of technologies and platforms to support our current and future projects. You will help to develop and maintain our continuous delivery tools and pipelines for consistent releases with minimal downtime through automated build processes, packaging, testing and deployment. You will identify and address any functional and performance issues as well as security risks and manage, monitor and maintain cloud infrastructure built with a global scale in mind.
- Help shape and direct the DevOps area of our company
- Research, develop and implement new platforms and technologies to improve general workflow to support our current and future projects and products
- Maintain and improve our continuous delivery tools and pipelines
- Work with the various teams in the studio to assess requirements and plan and design road maps for implementing improvements
- Work with our IT team to spec out requirements and get the necessary IT infrastructure implemented
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of practical experience in a DevOps engineering role
- Experience in deploying and supporting applications on Microsoft Azure, with experience in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or others being a bonus
- Experience in hosted and server-less environments
- Experience with containers such as Docker or Kubernetes as part of Azure
- Experience with one or more of the following: PowerShell, Bash or similar languages
- Some knowledge of relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL, and some knowledge of NoSQL is a bonus
- Some experience with build systems such as MSBuild, xcodebuild, Gradle or similar systems
- Experience with continuous delivery and integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Buildbot or similar systems
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and team communication skills