About the job
Your role as a technical designer at Two Point Studios will be to work closely with all parts of the development team. You will need to have a good creative and logical mind and an interest in simulation games - if you haven’t already played Two Point Hospital you probably should do, to understand what kind of games you’ll be working on.
Our simulated worlds have a strong focus on accessibility and making sure players can easily get into and enjoy the game, but we like to go deep as well - there are a lot of interrelated systems that need setting up and balancing, so you’ll need the right kind of mind to excel and enjoy this kind of work.
You absolutely need to have great communication skills, a strong logical mind and a love for simulation games. You will get a lot of feedback and opinions and you need to be able to work with direction and as we’re a small team and spend a lot of time working closely with each other you’ll need to be easy to get along with.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of the design team reporting to the Lead Designer
- Liaising with the code and art/animation teams to implement systems, and get assets working correctly in the game
- Implementation of character behaviours, scripting of levels, game systems design and balancing.
- Help direct further development of our own internal tools, so we can be more efficient as we grow our worlds.
- Using a number of standard Unity and internal Two Point tools to balance systems and interactions.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical design role at a development studio, even better if you have worked on other sim games.
- An excellent personality and be a good collaborative team worker.
- An eye for detail and a passion to polish and iterate on what you implement and develop.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Great organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to self-manage and generate tasks, spot issues, and fix them.
- Experience with scripting tools/languages.
- A love of playing a variety of games especially in the Management/Simulation genre.
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Examples of game projects you have developed in your own time
- Experience using Unity in any capacity
- Some programming experience
- Experience playing Two Point Hospital
- An appreciation for the music of Jasmine Odyssey, and a 3-star rating in Duckworth