Live Product Director - New Sci-fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly have a new role for an experienced Live Product Director to join our highly talented development team working on our new FPS IP, based at our fantastic studio in Horsham, West Sussex. This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives on leading from the front to carve out a career or take on a fresh challenge.
The Live Product Director will own post-launch Product Management of the game, including the Product Roadmap, Retention & Engagement Strategy and Game Analytics and will be the key point of contact for understanding and representing player sentiment & behaviour . The successful candidate will define engagement and retention strategies ahead of launch, plan a robust post-launch roadmap well in advance and then, once live, gather and review community feedback, player sentiment, behaviour and analytics to continuously evolve strategies and tactics that put the player experience at the centre of everything.
The Live Product Director will be responsible for building a world-class Product Management team to deliver on the objectives of delighting, maintaining and growing the playerbase. They will work closely with the other Directors (Development, Creative, Design, Art, Technical, Live Ops & Audio) and the Marketing & PR team as well as central CA Services to deliver a compelling offering to an audience with very high expectations.
In this new and exciting role as Live Product Director, you will be a key member of the leadership team and use your excellent communication and influencing skills to move the game towards post launch success. You will be data driven and use that information along with your keen instinct for successful products to take the game to the next level.
In this new role, you will build out the Product Management function and its relationships within the studio and drive the realisation of the post-launch product roadmap and the growth objectives.
You will define the critical capabilities and roles required to effectively deliver the post launch success of the product and ensuring that the product and service continually evolves to meet the needs of the players whilst also delivering upon the key business KPIs.
You will analyse and develop plans to manage player engagement and retention through in-game and out of game interventions. Whilst conducting rigorous testing, analysis, and player research to continuously optimise business planning and execution.
This role will involve you working with cross-functional teams to develop business strategy and execute on the roadmap as well as prioritising competing demands from the business.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent, clear communication skills; both written and verbal with the ability to command the attention of the room
- Extensive experience running product management for a live game or games in a AAA environment
- Knowledge of the intricacies of product management, analytics, retention and monetisation and community management and their practical application• Proven record of driving initiatives to generate improved player engagement and positive business impact
- An enthusiasm for FPS and their insights
- An understanding of the current best-practices in delivering post launch game services to meet the needs of a highly demanding player base
- A willingness to innovate the product and influence key stakeholders
- An understanding of game production (ideally AAA) its quality control and release protocols
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.