UI-UX Designer Assistant
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As a UI-UX Designer assistant, you will help us create the best user experience for our players! To do so, you will work hand in hand with our UI-UX team, Lead Designer, Executive Producer and external partner.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Create and deliver delightful ergonomic interfaces and relevant icons
- Propose visual enhancements to our games
- Produce wireframe and prototype for dev team review and iteration towards implementation.
- Collaborate with teams to keep content user-friendly
Required experience & skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, graphics, ergonomics or other related field
- Available for a 6 months internship starting July 2021
- Able to create compelling icons
- User-oriented with strong creative skills
- Good knowledge of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- Strong interest for communication, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists…)
- Stay current on the latest UI/UX trends, techniques and technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced iterations on the games
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator or FIGMA, Axure or Adobe XD
- Fluent in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Mastery of fonts and typography
- Basics in motion (After effects)
- Basics in Unity
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
- C# understanding
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.