Brand Manager – Two Point Studios
Reports to Head of Brand
About Two Point Studios
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in & everyone is willing to hear your ideas. Even with the global pandemic, we have been able to hire and onboard lots of new members of the Two Point family – maybe you’re next?
We all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work/life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
About the role
Working with the Head of Brand in the studio’s small, but perfectly-formed internal Marketing Team, your role will be varied and challenging, working across multiple in-development projects where required to support our marketing aims and objectives.
You’ll take responsibility for the creation, clearance and distribution of key brand assets and related plans.
We’re looking for someone who can blend an eye for the magical with careful strategies. Someone who is passionate and inspired by videogames marketing & can build out plans for how to best reach players & bring them into our world.
In this role, you’ll be assisting with the planning and development of day to day marketing plans, working to develop our CRM platform, helping shape our creative marketing output and working to bring our ambitious plans to continue leading the way in management simulation to life.
You’ll have a keen creative eye, and an abundance of ideas, as well as the ability to write clear, tantalising briefs to excite the studio and publisher creative teams. You’ll ideally be a stickler for process, organising clear work and communication flows and ensuring everyone in the pipeline is working to the perfect delivery dates.
You won’t be afraid to get stuck in to the nitty-gritty while also looking at the bigger picture, working on the specifics of campaign beats to bring them to life.
You’ll also be able to look to elsewhere in the entertainment industry and beyond for inspiration and bring plenty of ideas to the table, achieve buy in on plans and execute to a very high standard.
The person we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of Brand Management in the videogames industry
- A passionate gamer, mad for management sims
- You’ll have an awareness of the videogames marketing landscape, have a particular interest in marketing towards the life sim or simulation management space, and have plenty of ideas about how to stand out in the field
- Marketing or related applicable qualification (CIM qualification, PR, Journalism, English, Creative Writing degree etc) - or equivalent experience
- A passion for creative – the ability to discern what makes a good piece of marketing creative and why, and the skill to communicate that to creative services or agencies
- Highly organised, able to handle complex asset & versioning pipelines
- Hybrid creative / strategist – you have an idea of why certain videogame key art examples and trailers work, and why they get players excited
- You’ll have great communications skills, superb verbal and presentation skills to all audiences, be a superb team player and understand the importance of achieving buy-in for your ideas, as well as the importance of executing them to a high standard with limited team resource
- Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement and the ability to clearly deliver, measure and achieve.
- A passion for data and how you can use that to help understand our audience of nearly 3 and a half million players
- (Highly desirable) Experience in or involvement with online customer relationship management, account management and interconnected online system branding and delivery is an advantage
- Flexible to the changing requirements of a rapidly growing organisation and being open to expanding/evolving the role as we grow
What you'll be doing
- Planning and executing elements of the marketing campaigns for our current and future releases. Reporting to the Head of Brand and working closely with the Community Marketing Manager, you’ll help find opportunities and figure out how to use the resources at our disposal to make them happen.
- Developing our studio CRM platform, Hospital Pass into what it evolves into next.
- Working on our internal communications tools such as Confluence to ensure optimal flow of marketing requirements and information around the business.
- Getting stuck in across the board: raising POs, creating briefs for content, working with our creative services team and external agencies to get work across the line on budget and delivered in plenty of time.
- Post-campaign analysis to understand what worked, when and why.
- Working with the Head of Brand to develop the style guide, key messaging and brand guidelines
- Staying on top of developments in videogames marketing (and marketing from other industries, particularly entertainment) to observe key trends and develop new ideas.
- Plus any other duties as needed.
There will be no shortage of things to get stuck into, and if you’re willing to take ownership and run with projects, you’ll find a supportive environment for doing so.
Additional advantageous skills:
- Experience of effectively leveraging BI platforms to provide insight that will generate positive marketing activity
- Knowledge of advanced digital marketing tools and techniques
- Solid understanding of game and web development requirements and experience of previously working with web development teams to make ideas a reality