Build Engineer - HYENAS (FPS)
Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced Build Engineer to join our FPS team to work on HYENAS, our exciting new shooter. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As part of the Build team, you will be responsible for developing backend infrastructure for the build pipeline and maintaining the continuous integration and testing systems.
In this new and varied role as a Build Engineer, you will be a crucial member of the team, enabling the development team to work as efficiently as possible to deliver solid tools to facilitate rapid and stable build.
On a day-to-day basis, you will carry out varying tasks such as:
- Creating extensions to Unreal Engine code (C++)
- Writing scripts to support CI and all related systems (C#, Python, batch files), dashboard UIs (C#/web development)
- Working with store APIs (e.g. Steamworks) to manage builds
- Liaising with the Engineering teams to formulate plans to help with the fast and effective delivery of builds and tools for the wider team
- Creating and managing work processes that improve build robustness and helping to foster an environment of responsible development
- A solid technical foundation - e.g. Computer Science / Maths degree or equivalent work experience
- Solid C++ skills
- Experience in higher-level programming languages – e.g. C# or Python
- Knowledge of version control software – e.g., Helix Perforce or Git
- Worked with CI systems such as Teamcity, Jenkins or Hudson
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making with excellent communication skills
- Games industry experience
- Experience using UE4
- Experience with database systems such as SQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB
- Familiarity with any of the following languages: Java, Batch, PowerShell
- Experience with post launch title support
- Console game development experience
- Web development
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.