Senior Level Designer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers and creators of the finest strategy games with the help of our players! Founded in 2011 and acquired by SEGA in 2016, we are a team of over 120 developers based in Paris with an international team hailing from all over the world.
Our current titles in production include HUMANKIND™, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age; and Endless™ Dungeon, a squad-based rogue-lite tactical action game.
We’re best known for our critically acclaimed Endless™ series, played by millions worldwide, including Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, and Endless Space 2.
Our close relationship with the community is a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We’re proud of the way we create games together with our players via Games2Gether, our custom-built community platform that enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Senior Level Designer to assist with the conception of maps and content for a Endless™ Dungeon (twin stick action tactical game). Under the supervision of the Lead Game Designer, your main responsibilities will include:
- Work with the rest of the design team to develop the game level generation algorithm
- Create level templates to generate interesting game situations
- Participate in the creation and implementation of game content
- Collaborate with artists and programmers in the design of this content
- Test and balance the game by modifying variables and level templates
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 8+ years of experience in Level Design or Game Design
Required skills and profile
- Fully fluent in English
- Strong interest in Level Design
- Passionate about strategy games / video games
- Strong autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Curious, willing to learn and appetence for numbers
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, players’ community, artists…)
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Experience as Game Designer or Level Designer on a procedurally generated game
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.