IT Support Desk Technician
This is an excellent opportunity to join our IT team as part of a world class AAA games development studio.
In this fast-paced helpdesk role, the successful candidate will be interacting with multiple teams across the studio and dealing with a wide variety of IT support tasks and situations. This is a good opportunity to gain experience and specialise in your field.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of multitasking on a busy ITIL driven helpdesk. Good communication skills, the ability to logically approach technical issues and be able to work calmly and efficiently under deadlines are essential. A background in a customer facing role would be desirable.
There are also opportunities to liaise with the IT infrastructure team to support and troubleshoot our server and networking systems. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to have good technical communication and documentation skills and be able to follow precise instructions. A methodical and logical approach is also essential.
You will be responsible for triaging and addressing requests based on the ITIL framework. Following allocation of jobs, you will fulfil the technical requirements of the ticket within the agreed helpdesk SLA. If the work required falls outside your technical ability, you will proactively seek out the relevant member of the team to carry the work forward. You will use your initiative and common sense to escalate and clear assigned tasks to a high technical standard utilising all the resources available to you.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Relevant experience in IT support
- Customer service skills
- Good documentation skills.
- Windows Operating Systems – 7-10
- Desktop troubleshooting experience – Hardware and software
- O365 Admin experience
- Gaming desktop and laptop hardware troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of wireless and mobile devices and the technologies behind them
- Knowledge of Active Directory and other Microsoft Domain technologies
- Network troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of antivirus technologies and security best practices
- ITIL Exposure
- Windows server experience
- Linux desktop and server experience
- Mac OSX experience
- Vmware/HyperV experience
- Mobile Device Management experience
- SCCM experience
- SCSM experience
- Jira/Confluence experience
- Microsoft certification
- CompTIA A+ certification
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.