Assistant Database Administrator
ASSISTANT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE TEST DATA DELIVERY MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
You will be responsible for assisting the Test Data Delivery Manager with managing and maintaining test databases and analytics tools & their respective repositories, integrations and automation, used by the test teams and studios we work with and other key facets of the business.
- Support the Test Data Delivery Manager with JIRA & Confluence maintenance & administration.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify JIRA & Confluence needs and implement them as appropriate.
- Continuously review and look for ways to improve JIRA workflows & project configurations.
- Create bespoke scripts for use with JIRA post functions, add-ons and test automation.
- Review and recommend plug-ins that provide enhanced functionality and reporting.
- Create and maintain technical documentation and user-guides.
- Provide support and training as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of and/or experience with one or more of the following - Python, Java and/or Groovy Script.
- Working knowledge of JIRA and JQL query language (minimum 2 years).
- Good understanding of best practices for tracking project health, velocity, burndown and other metrics
- Experience administering heavily customised JIRA projects.
- Experience setting up Jira projects for multi-discipline teams - customising workflows, permissions, screens and schemes in line with specific team/project requirements.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience using SQL and DAX to query SQL Analysis Services Datasets.
- Experience establishing & maintaining co-operative working relationships with stakeholders and test teams.
- Experience defining, implementing and communicating best practices.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Proficient in MS Excel (Power Query, Advanced Functions, VBA, etc.)