Graduate/Junior Automation Programmer (Contract)
About the job
We are looking for a junior or graduate-level developer to contribute to the tools and systems needed to ship high quality games across many platforms. We have a build and test pipeline in place already, but we have big ambitions and there is plenty of work to be done. This is where you come in!
We’re looking for a graduate level programmer to work in our small engineering team, reporting to our Senior Automation Programmer. If you are passionate about working in games, we think this role would be a great place to start - you’ll be amongst a very experienced team, learning about everything that goes into making a great game.
Our games are developed in Unity, and while you will spend time working in the Unity Editor, you will also be working with tools outside of the game to contribute to our build and test pipeline, and other tools to make the lives of the rest of the team easier. Sometimes this is system-admin type work, sometimes writing automation scripts, and other times methodically debugging edge cases and obscure bugs that could cause instability in our games.
- Working on the test and build infrastructure and pipeline for our games
- Helping to keep our build server / build farm running efficiently
- Writing scripts and maintaining tools that automate the tasks that enable a small team to ship high-quality games
- Contributing to our cross platform development process (desktop and console)
- Writing automated tests to monitor game stability and gameplay systems
- Work in an agile team, helping out when build problems occur
- A generalist programmer, happy to swap between languages and tools many times a day
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Methodical approach to solving problems
- If you’re a junior developer, we’d like to see a couple of years professional experience. If you’re a fresh graduate, then a degree in a relevant subject would be good to see (e.g. CS).
- All the typical soft skills: problem solving, teamwork, communication, organisation, time management, self-motivation, desire to learn
- Experience with some relevant language: C#, Python, other scripting languages
- Of course, a love for games
- Experience with Unity
- Some game development experience (Game Jams or personal projects)
- Worked on a software project in a team environment
Why work with us?
- As part of SEGA Europe you’ll be joining a dynamic family of studios that includes Creative Assembly, Amplitude, Relic, Sports Interaction and HARDlight. Cross-studio events promote a sense of community and a collaborative culture.
- Our brand new offices, based in the centre of Farnham, are readily accessible by car, train or bus. We completed a long-awaited move during lockdown, meaning we’ve not been there much yet… but our headquarters are beautiful, shiny and fresh out of their luxurious box.
- Work among, learn from and contribute to an experienced team. Hear plenty of classic stories, as well as the odd scandalous anecdote, from the industry's past.
- Some of us were remote working, part-time, before Covid and we expect this to increase once the world is back to ‘normal’. For some applicants we would consider remote working full-time.
- Flexible working schedule & generous bonus scheme.
We also offer a great benefits package!
- Generous pension scheme & income protection.
- BUPA private medical, dental insurance & health screening.
- Babylon app (24/7 online access to healthcare info services, prescriptions and GPs).
- Life insurance, spouse/partner life insurance, critical illness cover & will writing.
- Travel insurance.
- Udemy training licence.
- A range of flexible benefits, including: discount cards, gym-flex scheme, home technology purchases and ride to work scheme.