We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our in-house audio team based at our game development studio based in Horsham.
In this role, the successful candidate will create, implement, and mix sound effects and other audio for our multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
We are passionate about the craft of designing and mixing sounds, so as a creative and technical individual this is an ideal opportunity to be part of a great team.All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design. Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel. Note additionally, this is a game sound designer role, that doesn’t involve any music production, or music related sound design
As a Sound Designer, you will be responsible creating sound effects using techniques such as location/studio recording,
On a day to day basis you will:
- Carrying out foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material
- Create, implement, and mix audio content into the game
- Use Audiokinetic Wwise, other 3rdparty software and our in-house tools
- Ensure sounds are up to AAA standards in quality, creativity and optimisation
You will report to the Lead Sound Designer, and ensure that your creative and technical produce is in line with the goals and feedback set by the Audio Director, and is consistent with any pre-existing styling and implementations in the project(s)
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In-house games development experience as a ‘sound designer’ or similar
- Proven track record of high-quality sound design, showing creative flair
- Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects
- Experience with Wwise audio engine
- Pro Tools 9 or above or Reaper experience to advanced level
- Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organized and solution focused – seeks challenges and delivers results
- Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee location SFX recording sessions
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus
- Professional location and studio-based sound effects recording experience
- Strong ability mixing and tracklay to linear footage.
- AAA video game experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.