Principal 3D Environment Artist - CA Sofia
To work in-house at our Sofia (Bulgaria) based studio, we are looking for an experienced environment artist, that will help us bring a vast fictional world to life. From crafting breathtaking scenery to capturing the mood and tones of an epic fantasy universe, the artist will assist in paving the way for what our vision of this fantasy setting would be.
Please note that a portfolio must be submitted as part of an application for this role.
As a Principal 3D Environment Artist, you will be required to respond quickly and intelligently to gameplay changes and tests whilst working within constraints and requirements of the game engine. You will work with the designers to create visually stunning environments in a medieval fantasy setting. You will create buildings, props, terrain assets, textures and materials. Being a principal in the team, you will also help in mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists if required.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrated visual flare and artistic talent
- Skill in 3ds Max/Maya/ZBrush/Photoshop/Substance
- Industry experience in creating quality 3D environments and other assets
- Knowledge of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated approach to work
- Great communication skills complemented by a positive can-do attitude
- Experience working effectively in a team
- Passion and ability to drive realistic, ‘dark and gritty’ visually appealing environments
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- All-round art ability
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter
- Skills in Unreal Engine are a plus
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Lighting, composition and set dressing skills
- Technical art skills
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.