Software Engineer (C#/C++)
Sports Interactive are seeking an experienced and motivated mid-range Software Engineer to play an important role in shaping an exciting mobile project.
Working in a small and energetic games as a service team, you will have an opportunity to contribute to both frontend and backend work, integrating new gameplay features and quality of life changes to the project, as well as creating and reviewing technical designs.
As an experienced developer, you will be comfortable owning significant features, providing estimations on the feature roadmap in order to execute the product vision and overarching strategy.
You will preferably have online and mobile gaming development experience, along with strong interpersonal skills and a love for video games. Your keen eye for detail and passion for improving existing features will be instrumental in taking our project to the next level.
- Work closely with fellow Engineers, UI/UX Designers and Game Designers to create, scope and develop new gameplay features.
- Collaborate with other disciplines, including QA, Production, and other engineering teams, on both development and future planning.
- Game performance assessment, support, and optimisation.
- Design and develop server-client solutions, addressing reliability and security.
- Implement industry best practices from an engineering standpoint, offering meaningful contributions to code reviews.
- 3+ years of professional experience with C# or C++.
- Strong knowledge of C# or modern C++ languages.
- Good knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices.
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with software engineers, artists, designers, QA and production.
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others continuously.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, portable, and well-documented code.
- Professional experience developing with Unity.
- Professional experience developing for iOS and Android.
- A keen eye for UX design.
- Player-first mindset.
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly-owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.