Senior Console Producer
Senior Console Producer
We are looking for a Senior Console Producer to take ownership of Football Manager across a growing number of platforms. Our plans in this area are ambitious, and we move fast. We require a team player with a can-do attitude, a good motivator who is comfortable working in a demanding environment.
This role supports managing developer resources, reviewing and prioritising design requirements, identifying potential risks/opportunities for achieving milestones and having oversight of an internal QA team and external publishing QA team based in Sofia Bulgaria.
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication and organisation skills and will enjoy using a variety of different project management skills to deliver the game on time and on budget. You’ll need to be the coolest head in the room with an ability to spot issues and blockers long before they happen.
- Work with the Development Director and team-leads to produce realistic schedules and milestone plans for our technical engineering teams.
- Work closely with the production team as well as senior management on development status and collaborate with discipline directors and leads to solve problems and mitigate risk.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks that may prevent teams from achieving the determined goals within the required milestones.
- Provide data to ensure project requirements, goals, aims, milestones and deliverables are achievable.
- Own the operational aspects of project planning and development, including reporting, risk assessment and management, capacity planning and resource management.
- Review and improve processes and tools to improve quality, efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Oversee technical hiring, training and development, holding regular one-on-one meetings, setting objectives and supporting the team’s welfare and development.
- Provide guidance, encouragement and mentorship to a creative and diverse team.
- Representative of the Line Managers cross-studio team to co-ordinate studio-leads and input and participate in developing studio culture, priorities and policies.
- Establish and maintain SEGA cross-studio relationships with peers to share experiences and opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a production role. Some Console experience is crucial
- Extremely organized and able to deal with multiple different topics at one time.
- Knowledge in agile and waterfall processes, and SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in working under rapid development cycles.
- Strong experience and understanding of game development.
Applications with no cover letter will not be accepted
Sports Interactive (SI) is a multi-award-winning game development studio and the world’s leading developer of sports management simulations. Founded in 1994, SI became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006. Based at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London, the SI team continues to expand as it brings its titles to an ever-growing audience via an increasing variety of delivery platforms.
SI has enjoyed sustained commercial and critical success for its extremely detailed and immersive simulation experiences. Its games are amongst the highest-rated PC titles (according to Metacritic) and frequently occupy both the ‘top selling’ and ‘most played’ charts on Steam.
The Sports Interactive team is diverse and international, bringing together world class and high potential talent with a combined passion and drive for creating genre-defining games. Team members enjoy a flexible working schedule and a relaxed studio environment that encourages a close-knit, collaborative approach to game development.
SI is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI offers a generous benefits package to all full-time team members including gym membership, in-house massage therapy and private healthcare (including dental). The studio is also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boasts one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry with just over 30% of the current full-time team members having been at the studio for 10 years or longer. SI also has many longstanding partnerships with leading charities, local schools and major sporting organisations.
Further information on Sports Interactive, its games and life at the studio can be found at www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.