Localisation QA Associate Lead - 12 month FTC
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO LOCALISATION QA PROJECT MANAGERS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
As the Localisation QA Associate Lead, you will be supporting the Localisation QA Project Manager with the running and overseeing of the project testing activities. As an avid gamer, you’ll use skills and experience to ensure that the products are free from major bugs, with a strong focus on the quality of the language. You’ll work in conjunction with the Project Manager on highly-complex projects, as well as leading smaller projects independently and without LQA PM Supervision.
- Assist the LQA Project Manager in creating and updating test plans, test cases and checklists in line with the departmental testing methodology and test coverage outlined by the Localisation QA Project Manager.
- Support the LQA Project Manager in coordinating their execution and ensure the required level of test coverage is attained in each test phase.
- Support the LQA Project Manager in the daily assignment of tasks, ensuring that they are completed with accuracy and within the given deadlines.
- Review the reported bugs, ensuring that they are in line with the company’s format, guidelines and respect the relevant first party terminology. Ensure that the bug database is always updated.
- Identify and escalate critical risks and issues to the LQA Project Manager and provide suggestions on how to resolve them.
- Monitoring and daily supervision of all test team members.
- Provide daily reports on the status of the project, alongside progress and bug trackers to key stakeholders.
- Support the Localisation Project Manager in all voice over / audio related tasks, including coordinating casting and voice over files checks, prior to implementation.
- Support the Localisation Project Managers with ad-hoc localisation tasks as required.
- Support the LQA Project Manager with project administration, including coverage tracking, product allocation and any supporting Admin documentation.
- Support the LQA Project Manager in the performance review process, providing feedback and writing Performance Reviews for LQA Senior Testers and LQA Testers.
- Support the LQA Project Manager in creating post-mortem reports, highlighting challenges and potential improvements.
- Liaise with external testing teams for outsourced projects, as directed by the LQA Project Manager.
- Train new and current team members, share knowledge and experience with the team, ensuring maximum productivity and linguistic quality.
- Coordinate testing on smaller projects and DLC titles independently when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced gamer, with the ability to familiarise yourself with game-play elements rapidly.
- Highly experienced tester with excellent understanding of localisation test methodologies, able to tackle the most challenging tasks with ease and adapt to any project requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of SEGA’s IPs and products.
- Excellent knowledge of SEGA hardware and tools e.g. DevSuite, Mantis and current platforms in use.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with CAT Tools (MemoQ).
- Excellent knowledge of first party Standards.
- Ability to proactively think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative.
- Experienced and enthusiastic leader, capable of motivating, inspiring and getting the best out of the team they lead.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator.
- Ability to maintain focus and commitment.
- High standard of work and willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company.