VFX Artist - CA Sofia
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our team creating effect for an exciting IP within the Total War Universe. You will be working on an innovative Total War title with a small but experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game. You will have the chance to develop your expertise on this unique project and work as part of a world class team.
A good communicator and organiser, they will be an integral part of the team, producing high quality and performant visuals.
As a VFX artist on the team, you will be creating high quality, performant visuals in line with art direction for the project.
You will be working with other project disciplines across the project to construct and maintain an efficient pipeline. You will work collaboratively with production, the project art leads and the wider team, communicating clearly in all directions.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Ability to create, implement world class VFX
- Excellent visual awareness and artistic ability
- Experience of working in a professional creative environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of:
- Photoshop and After Effects
- Particle system terminology and applications
- proprietary and off the shelf particle editors
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Strong awareness of industry technology trends
- Love of games
- Knowledge of Houdini and its use in real-time game VFX
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.