Junior UI Artist
Role Overview – Junior UI Artist
As a SEGA HARDlight Junior UI Artist you are the driving force behind all our User Interface visuals. Your talent and attention to detail will be guiding our players through the games meta with crystal clarity and beautiful 2D and 3D artwork. You will work within a small team of like-minded individuals and communicate your passion for games through stunning visuals and graphic design.
In an industry that thrives on its user-interfaces, you will be pushing the boundaries with high-fidelity games to deliver the best gaming experiences in a fast-moving market.
- Work closely with the Lead UI artist and Art Director to develop a wide variety of game UI style and assets, including: buttons, icons, frames and menu designs
- Create within a broad range of styles from bright casual games to hard-core gaming genres
- Design polished User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to a high quality and in a variety of styles
- Iterate and refine designs and assets to continually adapt to market trends and visual styles.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent visual design skills with regard to colour theory, shapes, layout and typography with a great sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind those decisions
- Internally driven and proactive, harbouring a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design
- 2D and 3D illustrative ability both freehand and technical vector art skillsets with talent using 3D packages for developing rendered icons and visuals
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is REQUIRED
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & benefits. Including (but not limited to), Family Healthcare, Pension
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan for Rail travel
- Generous Developer Bonus Scheme
- Free breakfast and fruit
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham.