Lead Game Designer
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to create gameplay mechanics for a strategy game. Under the supervision of the Creative Director, your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the project's creative leaders to effectively deliver on the vision
- Work hand in hand with leads and producers to coordinate the project and its milestones
- Define game pacing, targets for achievement, flow, consistency of mechanics and difficulty curves
- Collaborate with other designers to design gameplay mechanics & systems, proactively anticipate problems, and propose solutions
- Manage and mentor the design team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 10+ years of experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position, with specialization in strategy-based games
Required skills and profile
- Fully fluent or native in English
- Demonstrated deep understanding of game design, mechanics and a solid understanding of strategy games.
- Capacity to excel in the entire spectrum of Game Design tasks
- Strong autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles (developers, players’ community, artists…)
- Strong creative skills and ability to form an informed critical judgment on the gameplay systems
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced change
- Working knowledge of French
- C# and XML skills
- Game as a service
- Basic notions of data analysis
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.