Licensing Approval Co-ordinator - New Sci-fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly are looking for someone to join as a Licensing Approvals Co-ordinator based at our UK studio in Horsham, Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity for a to join the Licensing team on our new FPS IP, to help shape the department and really make the role their own.
In this role multi-faceted role, you will have responsibility across creative approval in-game and on-product. You will be reporting into the Senior Licensing Manager, initially focused on the approval of creative assets with our IP partners and as licensees are signed, the creative approval across consumer products. You will be our go-to person for all licensing approvals queries and statuses within the business.
This is an exciting challenge for someone looking to help develop the operational procedures, tools and collateral that will make up the approval process, ensuring creative asset approval is run as smoothly and timely as possible.
As Licensing Approval Co-ordinator, you will be working in collaboration with other members of the Licensing team, most notably Senior Licensing Manager and Head of Marketing, as well as an external agency and the Licensing team at Sega Europe.
Working closely with members of the Licensing team, CA IT and our external agency, you will help develop a creative approval process - the tools, procedures and system necessary for a safe, efficient and smooth execution of a contract.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Work closely with an external agency on
- agreeing the IT system by which to approve creative for each IP
- ensure the safe transfer of creative assets and with CA IT to ensure CA IT corporate regulations are adhered to
- to facilitate creative approvals and understand the individual and unique brand approval requirements
- Be responsible for ensuring all stages of the agreed approval process are completed prior to in-game use
- Be responsible for understanding and managing internal and external tracking systems and ensure they are updated with the latest information
- Co-ordinate and manage submission of creative assets with our external agency, and effectively communicate any revisions, amendments, and approvals back to the relevant project teams
- Work closely with internal development teams to ensure IP is used as per contract agreed and ensure timely submission of approvals to our external agency gaining feedback within contractually agreed timelines.
Collaboration with Sega Europe and licensees to help drive product development and innovation will be key in this role. You will work closely with the CA’s and Sega’s social media and PR team with products and new ranges to be communicated across CA and Sega owned media.
Using your excellent communication skills will share and present regular IP and Licensee status updates to the wider team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in Licensing, Product Development or Video Games Creative Asset Approval
- Detail oriented with strong organisational skills, able to manage the internal and external interests of many departments
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work with minimal supervision
- Used to working in a process driven environment
- Excellent written & verbal skills and ability to interact well with a variety of work groups
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience of building creative approval processes, procedures and tools
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution ideas with internal and external stakeholders
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.