QA Lead – Compatibility & Graphics
This role will be leading a sub-team that tests the compatibility and graphics for games across the Total War franchise.
You will manage a team of technicians, across both historical and fantasy Total War, from alphas through to DLCs ensuring milestones are tested efficiently and accurately.
We are looking for someone who not only has a strong desire to develop and manage individuals in an expanding team, but also has an affinity for computer hardware and graphics. You will be expected to maintain and build upon strong inter-team links while managing and driving to improve current processes to deliver results as accurately and efficiently as possible. This will involve working closely with the graphics, tech-art, and tools teams to ensure the highest quality standards are maintained across a release’s whole life cycle.
You will be responsible for the delivery of milestone reports encompassing the compatibility, graphics functionality, and performance at key points in the life cycle of any given Total War release. Between these you will manage ongoing testing as well as targeted testing of new feature deliveries from the graphics dev team.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for the development of your team members, conducting 1 to 1s and ensuring your team develops all the skills they need to execute their roles to the highest standards.
You will work closely with both QA and dev management to both develop reports for their needs and navigate project timelines, ensuring each project gets the coverage it needs at crucial points. You will also work across the Total War QA team to conduct QA-wide compatibility and graphics sweeps, testing all the active QA hardware for a specific milestone. At times you will additionally work with the community team to coordinate investigation user issues, providing specialist knowledge to inform an accurate public response on forums or social media.
Working across all Total War projects you will share responsibility for managing the team’s hardware inventory and ordering new components, either to expand coverage or bring in newly released parts.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Team leadership experience
- Experience with task management software, such as JIRA
- Strong PC hardware knowledge
- Strong inter-team communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills suited to working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of the Total War Series
- A good understanding of game graphics features and settings
- ISTQB testing qualification
- Experience delivering concise and accurate reports to stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills, for example: able to distil large amounts of information into concise figures and results in short order
- Experience with BI reporting software, such as Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to build a PC from parts to Windows booting with minimal advice or assistance
- Experience actively developing team members and helping them progress in their career path
- Knowledge of Steam and game platforms from a development perspective
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.