Senior Gameplay Programmer
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War team as a Senior Gameplay Programmer. This role comes with career development opportunities to lead on our future titles.
Based at our well established studio in the heart of Sussex in the UK, you will be working as a member of the battle code team on our next unannounced Total War title. In this role, you will be able to make a real impact on our game and battle engine. You will bring your knowledge and experience to help push the boundaries of our Total War battles by collaborating with the wider development team, striving to make our titles better than ever before.
In the role of Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with the current Total War battle team. Using your excellent coding skills and expertise, you will be working to improve our existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Working on our proprietary codebase
- Developing the project closely alongside our design team
- Overseeing the architecture of future developments
- Contributing to the roadmap of future game development
- Mentoring more junior members of team
- Participating in stand-ups as well as project and team meetings
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent C++ programming skill set
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Professional programming experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective collaboration with across the project
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, identifying risks before they become a problem, looking for ways to improve workflow and the code base itself
- A desire to lead a team and take part in the technical road map of future titles
- Passion and interest in games and game development
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- An avid gamer, ideally strategy games
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.