Lead Console Programmer
Lead Console Programmer
About Two Point
Two Point Studios sizzled into existence in the summer heat of 2016 with a goal to create amazing, deep simulation games that not only remain accessible to everyone, but also don't take themselves too seriously - we call them little people games! In 2018, our hard work came to fruition and Two Point Hospital was born into the world to much acclaim. We dream of creating an entire world of these little people games within the place we call "Two Point County" - with us now being a part of the Sega family, and with the success of Two Point Hospital, we’re now pushing forward with our next adventure to make that dream become a reality!
Life at Two Point Studios is exactly as we believe it should be: fun, flexible and super creative! Everyone in our lovely team gets stuck in. You’ve got some awesome ideas? You can bet we want to hear them! You’d like to get in on our D&D nights, or jump into the lunch time FIFA league? You’re in! We’re a second family here, we all look out for each other and we love what we do, but we understand that your real family needs you too, so we aim to strike the perfect work life balance enabling you to have fun at the office and get home to your loved ones with time to spare.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced, competent programmer to lead console development on Two Point Hospital, and our other upcoming little people games. This is a great opportunity to really own the tech side of everything console-based, which is very important to us, and a very interesting challenge! You’ll be taming the very-different beasts of each of the current-gen consoles… but also exploring shiny next-gen stuff. We’re thinking over 8 years’ experience, but we would accept fewer for very talented individuals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning the tech side of all non-PC platforms
- Communicating with SEGA and platform holders
- Managing optimisation efforts for code and content to make the game FAST on all the platforms
- Ensuring compliance with platform TRCs
- Planning your own work as part of an agile team
The ideal candidate would have:
- 8 years’ game industry experience
- History of shipped high quality games
- Experience across current-gen consoles (Switch, Xbox One and PS4), including knowledge of TRCs
- All the usual programming skills: source control, code architecture, debugging, testing, CPU/GPU/memory performance optimisation
- All the usual soft skills: problem solving, teamwork, communication, organisation, time management, self-motivation, desire to learn
- Of course, a love for games!
Not essential, but it helps if you have:
- Strong working knowledge of Unity and C# - the console experience is more valuable than experience with the exact tools we use!
- People management experience
- Next-gen platform experience
- 3D graphics knowledge