Release QA Lead – New Sci-Fi FPS IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP. This is an excellent opportunity for a Release Manager to join our talented production team at our studio in Horsham, based in the heart of Sussex, England.
In this exciting role, you will work alongside and assist the QA Manager, Release Manager and Director of Live Operations on overseeing and supporting a consistent, and regular, delivery of releases for the main game, and all downloadable content across Consoles and PC.
As the Release QA Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all testing efforts, defect, risk tracking and managing on all releases and submissions for the project. This includes external tests, betas, full releases, and all supporting content, and releases, across all target platforms. This will involve working directly with the internal QA team, as well as external functional and compliance testing teams, to track and report all risks and issues that might compromise any of our submissions and releases.
This role will cover 3 main areas of responsibility: Releases, Submissions, and Compliance Management. As the Lead for these areas, you will ensure all new features have been assessed, and all issues and risks for new releases are known, escalated, and managed.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Evaluate and coordinate daily workload for the Release QA Team, as well as external Compliance Test Team
- Primary ownership and point of contact for Releases, Submission and Compliance status and test strategy
- Ensure releases are delivered rapidly and robustly. Communicating issues with the dev and QA teams
- Develop and mentor the QA Release test staff through 1 to 1s
- Use knowledge, research, and data to continuously improve our QA test services and processes
- Daily review and reporting on test status or progress
- Promote and spread the release culture and continuous improvement mindset throughout the game team.
- Focused and experienced Leader, with a proactive urgency to solve issues
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making who can communicate well with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven experience driving testing for releases of full titles, patches, hotfixes, and DLC content
- Forward thinker and problem-solver with the drive to seek out and acquire information
- Experience coordinating and directing external / remote teams
- Experience managing large volumes of requests and work priorities
- Experience shipping games on Microsoft and Sony consoles
- Experience with data handling tools – e.g., PowerBi or Kibana
- Experience with post launch product support
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.