Lead Tools Programmer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Lead Tools Programmer with Unreal experience to join the team behind Total War, Alien: Isolation and Halo Wars 2, to create unforgettable game experiences on a new project. Our studios are based in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Lead Tools Programmer on the project, you will be an essential part of the team and work on developing our in-house, multi-platform, tools and pipeline built using C++. Your mission is to make an efficient and user-friendly pipeline where our content creators can easily develop new game features.
In this role you will be vital to the development and release of major AAA titles.
On a day-to-day-basis, you will:
- Be responsible for improving all aspects of our Pipelines and Tools
- Lead, inspire, motivate, and mentor the tools team to deliver the best experience for the player
- Strive to improve our internal development processes either by maintaining the current tools, or by designing and implementing completely new ones
- Communicate with all disciplines to understand their needs and be able to design, plan and implement solutions for their ever-changing requirements.
- Development of tools used in a released title
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Ability to work well with other disciplines
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Setting team standards for the use of programming tools and techniques
- Coaching and guiding others in the most appropriate, and latest working methods and practices.
- Experience with C# is a big plus
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Experience with proprietary game engine development
- Experience with visual scripting languages
- Experience with build pipelines
- Experience with UI frameworks like Qt and WPF
- A passion for games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.