Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for a Technical Producer to work closely with our shared technology teams to produce road maps for our technical direction for our engine code that is used in multiple products and projects.
You will be supporting multiple teams with different specialities, i.e. devops, tools, backend, testing & building, graphics, handheld and mobile, various shared internal frameworks and libraries, etc.
You won’t be developing or programming with them, but we want you to have an ability to speak their language at a high level and be able to identify cross-team opportunities.
You will be working very closely with our Technical Director to manage our technical requirements, plans and road maps and maintenance of technical initiatives and direction while responding to changing business plans and requirements.
Our plans are ambitious, and we move fast. We require a team player with a can-do attitude, a good motivator who is comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to manage requirements, plans and scheduling.
- Work with both the Studio Director, Development Director and team leads to produce realistic schedules and milestone plans for our technical engineering teams.
- Work closely with the production team as well as senior management on development status and collaborate with discipline directors and leads to solve problems and mitigate risk.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks that may prevent teams from achieving the determined goals within the required milestones.
- Provide data to ensure project requirements, goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achievable.
- Own the operational aspects of project planning and development, including reporting, risk assessment and management, capacity planning and resource management.
- Review and improve processes and tools to improve quality, efficiency and team effectiveness.
- Oversee technical hiring, training and development, holding regular one-on-one meetings, setting objectives and looking after the team’s welfare and development.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and mentorship to a creative and diverse team.
- Representative of the Line Managers cross-studio team to co-ordinate studio leads and input and participate in developing studio culture, priorities and policies.
- Establish and maintain SEGA cross-studio relationships with peers to share experiences and opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of industry experience in a production role.
- Excellent technical background with ability to discuss with developers on a high level.
- Extremely organized and able to deal with multiple different topics at one time.
- Knowledge in agile and waterfall processes, and SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in working under rapid development cycles.
- Strong experience and understanding of game development.
- Experience with mobile and console is a bonus.
Applications with no cover letter will not be accepted