We are looking for a passionate, experienced designer to join our award-winning Total War team.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver game features that make the game engaging for our players and you will also be able offer insights that drive the way our players want to invest in their gaming experience. The right candidate will use their expertise to design both game systems and the content that exploits them. This is an excellent opportunity to hone and expand design skills to a high level, working on one of the industry’s most feature rich games and whilst developing your career.
Working with the Game Director on the project, you will take responsibility for one or more areas of the game. You will collaborate with the team to create detailed feature designs and associated data and seeing them all the way through development in to the final release.
You will be working together with other designers, artists, animators and programmers working on the features that you are responsible for. You will also clearly communicate regular updates to the relevant discipline teams; be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Two or more shipped titles
- Demonstrate a passion for all things game design and a keen interest in games development overall
- A gamer to the core, and a fan of Total War series. You will be strongly motivated by winning the games that you play and will be able to deeply analyse them
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Self-motivated, focussed, and prolifically productive
- Excellent communicator
- Good written skills; can write clearly and succinctly
- Good attitude with regards to complex problem solving and teamwork
- Excellent academic background at degree level or above
- An expert in Excel
- An interest in history
- Modding experience is a bonus
- VB, C++, Python, Art skills, Writing skills
- Have worked on strategy titles
- Have worked on design tools
- Experience of using metrics to improve design
- Critical thinking training
- Knowledge of the Warhammer franchise
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.