Tools & Automation Programmer (Python & Full Stack)
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for a developer to assume ownership of various systems that are used to receive data on a backend and running it through a pipeline to be put into our products. One such system is our in-house translation system, used by more than 70 translators around the world for all our products, which integrates with MemoQ, a popular commercial translation system.
Further to this, the role includes involves systems used in FMdB, the football scout app powered by Football Manager as well as the potential to become involved in some incredibly exciting upcoming automation projects and unannounced internal projects.
You will report to our Technical Director and work closely with all the various teams across the studio, and you are able to communicate well with non-technical stakeholders such as producers and designers.
- Work closely with all teams in the studio to identify and understand needs and requirements, and design and implement systems to meet these.
- Maintain and improve tools and systems that manage data running through a pipeline from backends all the way to becoming assets used in our projects and products.
- Analyse and fix bugs in these systems as identified by yourself and other users of such systems internally.
- Work with a wide range of technologies from command line tools through GUI tools, websites and databases.
- Keep up to date with latest innovation in the industry and identify improvements for the future.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Python.
- Experience of one or more shell languages, such as Powershell or Bash.
- Some experience of C++, C# or similar languages.
- Experience with full stack website development.
- Some experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL. Knowledge of NoSQL is a bonus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Dynamic and adaptable to existing and new technologies, working across different domains.
- A passion for full backend-to-frontend systems and solutions to implement data and asset from source to final product.
- Great interpersonal and team communication skills and ability to work in a team as well as independently.