Senior Financial Controller
Amplitude is a team of experienced, quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of our players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, our titles include Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Legend, and Endless Space 2; critically acclaimed strategy titles, all set in the Endless Universe.
We also recently unveiled our next title: Humankind, a historical strategy epic where you’ll be combining cultures as you lead your people from the Bronze to the Modern age.
Our close relationship with the community is for us a core feature of the studio’s philosophy. We are, of course, happy that our games have sold well and won awards, but more importantly we’re really proud of the way we create games together with our players. Our Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables our community to play a key role in the creation of our games at every stage of development.
As our Senior Financial Controller, your main responsibility will be to manage and evolve the accounting, financial reporting and controlling processes within the studio. You will be working with our junior business planning analyst, our administrative and accounting assistant and our colleagues at SEGA, as well as our external accounting, tax credit and legal partners, to ensure that our financial processes are compliant and efficient, and that our financial resources are fully used towards achieving the ambitious goals we have set for Amplitude.
More specifically, as the studio’s Senior Financial Controller, you will:
- Coordinate and manage the accounting work performed by external accountants and by our administrative and accounting assistant
- Ensure compliance with the group reporting processes at SEGA, including monthly closings, project cost reporting and intercompany recharges
- Provide the financial information and transparency
- Manage the annual closing of the accounts, including their external audit, annual account approval and publication formalities
- Ensure compliance with our tax legal obligations, including tax filings, tax credit assessment and declarative formalities, and coordinating relations and audits from the tax and social security authorities
- Drive development projects forward such as the integration of our accounting system into SEGA’s financial ERP or the improvement and/or automation of our financial processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Perform management control on our operations and ensure that they are as financially efficient as they can be
- Perform recurring control tasks, such as reconciliations, cash flow monitoring, bank account management and AP approvals
- Support our junior business planning analyst with the studio and project cost forecasts when needed
- Perform various other accounting-related and financial tasks
Required experience & skills
- 5-6 years of experience as a financial controller, an accountant or in a similar position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Economics or other financial degree.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial modelling.
- You are autonomous and love taking initiatives
- You have excellent communication skills and are a team player with a can-do attitude
- You are flexible and adaptable to fast-paced game development
- Fully fluent in French and English, both spoken and written
(Very) Welcome bonuses !
- Master’s Degree in Finance or related fields
- Knowledge of the French Plan Comptable Général (PCG) and/or IFRS standards
- Knowledge of the French commercial code and/or tax code
- Coding skills, either in VBA or Python
- Previous experience managing the French research and/or videogame tax credit
- Experience from business control
- Prior experience with Oracle
- Previous experience in the videogame industry or in any other digital content industry
- Passionate about strategy games
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.