Senior Animation Programmer
As an Animation Programmer, you will be responsible for making Total War’s uniquely epic battles look visually dynamic and immersive, ensuring we stay on the cutting edge, and remain market leaders in our genre.
We are currently driving a large update to our internally developed engine. In this role you will be instrumental in defining how the animation systems are developed moving forward. You will have the opportunity to research and develop new animation techniques that will allow creative assembly to be at the forefront of the industry.
You will be developing our existing animation technology and researching and implementing new technologies to push the boundaries of what can be achieve with large scale animation. You will work closely with the designers and animators to implement compelling gameplay interactions, such as melee combat, duels, large scale charges.
You will take ownership of our animation system and work with our technical animation team to drive longer-term technology and improve the workflows of our animators.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience architecting and developing animation systems in a released AAA title.
- Excellent C++ programming skillset.
- Very strong mathematical and analytical ability.
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists, animators and production staff.
- An interest in recent developments in the area of animation
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics.
- Keen player of games, ideally including Total War
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.