Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Artist with a background in procedural generation who is ready for a new challenge and has experience working on multiple titles.
As Senior Technical Artist, you will be the driving force constantly pushing the quality of art in game. Joining the new formed core technology team you will work directly with technical art, graphics and tools to further the technology on which multiple titles are built.
On a day-to-day basis, you will work with your team providing technical support to artists across multiple projects while pushing pipeline and technology developments.
As Senior Technical Artist, you must be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence. You will be expected to create, maintain and review workflows, tools and pipelines, leading by example.
You will look for opportunities to improve and optimise the art teams’ workflows and processes, as well as introduce new practises across multiple game teams. You will be expected to actively look for innovative and creative ways to improve workflows and quality of the art content.
You will liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments and between multiple game teams at CA.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Strong understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
- Experienced in Houdini throughout at least one AAA title development cycle.
- Procedural generation experience.
- Previously shipped AAA titles in an equivalent role.
- Experience with C++
- Production experience with 3DS Max
- Substance Designer / Painter experience.
- Have experienced as an artist in the games industry.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.