Software Engineer (Mobile, C++)
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
We are looking for an outstanding Software Engineer to work principally on the Football Manager Mobile project and help us take it to the next level. Your focus will be mainly on gameplay development but will also involve a certain degree of UI coding, working closely with the project lead, the existing programming team and our art department to ensure that we deliver the best mobile game possible for our passionate user base.
- Develop new gameplay functionality, principally for mobile
- Improve and maintain existing gameplay modules
- Contribute to the development of new user interface functionality
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- Work closely with artists, developers and producers to help our games be the best they can
- Contribute to the overall design of our games
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years of professional experience using C++ as the main language
- Strong programming skills in C++, with knowledge of the latest standards and best practices
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Experience of and interest in mobile gaming and cross-platform development
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with programmers, artists and designers
- Comfortable using PC, Mac and/or Linux platforms
- Interest in football, gaming, and game design is beneficial
Applications without cover letter will not be accepted.